The multifunctional socio-educational centre was created from the need of more space for community activities.
Consisting of two "twin" buildings, which allowed the maximisation of planning and design costs, the two buildings are connected by a transparent roof thus creating a large protected space for community activities. The team of workers and labourers is made up of people from the community who, in addition to receiving an adequate salary, have been able to take part in a "learning by doing" training course.
The construction of this centre is a key element in the achievement of the overall objective of the global development project for the community.
Objectives and results attest:
- Boys and girls have access to after-school classes.
- Young people and adults get an easier way to attend courses organized at the center.
- The two local associations have a headquarters there with an office equipped for administrative activities.
- The whole community can access cultural and social activities, fostering exchange and socialization of the population of Las Playitas.
- The center allows specific courses that could also attract people from nearby communities.
- It is possible to host small groups who visit the area or participate in courses organized in the center.
Despite the severe crisis that erupted in spring 2018 that has almost paralyzed the country work on the center has continued, albeit slowly, until the laying of the roof connecting the two buildings. Some minor details of the structure such as the proper paving of the central area are still missing (due to ground settling) and will be completed over the next few months.With the office and meeting room, the Escuelita, the courses for children and some events, the center has begun to live.